The Have-Nots & the Cowards





I was still too groggy in the morning to notice that his breath reeked of stale booze when he stopped me outside a store where I just purchase milk and showing me his calloused dirty hands said that he was an out of job mechanic and if could I help him buy some rations as he has two small daughters to feed. Frankly, I didn't like him at all, but his plea about having kids to feed struck a cord. The dislike only deepened when sensing my positive disposition he quickly added a list of stuff: flour, tea, sugar and rice. 

"Whoa, I am not getting you your  shopping list" I told him and just asked told the store clerk to give him a kilo of flour on my account. "What, you can't even buy me 5 kilos" he retorted angrily and bitterly, to which he received a string of expletives(my first in the day) and was left standing empty-handed. It was obvious that in his eyes I was a fat selfish  Bourgeoisie unwilling to help a desperate man, whereas  I saw an entitled ungrateful asshole who probably got kicked out of his job for slacking and drinking.

Later, narrating this incident to a friend, I observed that such bitter, entitled "have-nots" had always been the target audience and later foot soldiers of the communists, just like the ambitious yet cowardly, always cheer for the Fascists: The flag wavers and the shrill online warriors, not to forget those posting images of their wannabe or full-fledged Dictator or Supreme Leader daily on social-media pages and WhatsApp statuses hoping that someone would notice their dedication and reward them with a position, which they as cowardly bullies would later exploit to the hilt. 

But as they say, hope dies last, both for the bitter jobless mechanic or for the meek bigoted nationalistic accountant or programmer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Twin Plug Enfield Bullet

Fuel Double Standards - Ravi Deka

Millenials - A Rant